100th Post


I thought it only fitting to do something with an owl for my 100th post, so I decided to come up with an owl block for my scrapghan.  Creating an owl motif was a good problem solving challenge.  I'm not a fan of chunky crocheted applique for afghans, but I figured for just one block of my scrapghan I could live with it.


I sewed the owl pieces to the body, and then the entire owl to a granny square with embroidery floss.  Unfortunately I don't think I did a great job sewing the pieces down, as I lost some of the ear definition, and it doesn't look like I got the owl wings quite even...  And I'm by no means fishing for compliments by saying "I don't think it's as cute as it could have been."  But it was a good exercise in crochet construction, and it was fun designing the motif.


Of course, I had to "sign" by the owl!  I guess the more I look at it the more I'm liking it haha!

Did you notice the adorable new banner at the top of the blog?!  I love it!  My super crafty friend Nehill (remember the train layout posts?) is going to school for graphic design and made the banner for me.  What perfect timing to celebrate 100 posts!

When I started this blog I never imagined how many talented and kind people I would meet!  I doubt I would have gotten this far if it wasn't for your support and inspiration.  Thank you!!

Comments

  1. Happy 100th posting, Kate!!! :-)
    I love the owl block - AND the cute new banner!!!
    Hope you're having a great weekend so far.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your owl block is so cute - and the banner looks great. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (*throws confetti*) Yeah! Happy 100 posts!! Very cute owl block! And tell Nehill great job on the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the owl is lovely ;)
    as it is 1st april, the fools day, I double-checked if this really could be your 100th post :D
    and now I know you were not joking - congratulations on your 100th post and happy posting next 100 (thousand) posts too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked so much Kate !!!!
    kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow happy 100th! :) And the owl granny is super adorable.
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your 100th post! What a lovely place you have here! I am an avid crocheter, too, so I am now a happy follower ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That owl is really great. I love the way you've made him and read about why owls are important to you - a really sweet story!
    I've just become one of your followers so that I can see on my own blogger dashboard when you do new posts and future tutorials.
    Are you going to do one for beautiful Mr. Owl? I would love to make one for my grandson who loves owls!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts