Doilies!

Untitled

Hi, my name is Kate and I have a doily problem...  I just finished unpinning these beauties, want to see more?

Untitled

This one may look familiar as I used it for THIS project.  It's from Today's Woman Granny Squares Number 2.  I had to make another one seeing as how it was a little hard for me to cut the last one to fit in an embroidery hoop!

Untitled

I used a 1.65 mm steel hook, size 10 thread in the color Natural.  It turned out 10 1/4 inches in diameter.

Untitled

This one is the "Shaded Pink and Lavender Doily" from Star Doily Book No. 104.  For those with Ravelry, the pattern page is HERE

Untitled

Again,  used 1.65 mm hook and size 10 thread.  This one finished at 13 inches.

Untitled

This one is the "Cluster Stitch Doily" from Star Doily Book No. 124.  The Ravelry pattern page can be found HERE

Untitled

It was made with a 1.65 mm hook and size 10 thread, and came in at a whopping 25 inches!  It's by far the biggest doily I've ever made.

Untitled

It was also a beast to block haha!  But it was totally worth it.

Untitled

Untitled

I love how they turned out, especially the big one!  You'd think after these I'd have doilies out of my system... but no.  I'm still going...

Comments

  1. Beautiful! I love making doilies also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Every one of them is just amazingly beautiful. I thought about your doilies that you put into the hoops yesterday while looking at yarn and patterns yesterday. I am not sure if I can use that tiny hook anymore (arthritis) but maybe if I do a bit at a time I could manage. I really need to try at least one or two.
    Thanks for the link to Ravelry...now I know where to find patterns. (And where I will likely spend way too much time ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate, those doilies are just lovely, but that last one is incredible! What nimble fingers you have to make such delicate things. Well done! You have made them all beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know everyone derides the doily but really we shouldn't because they are actually rather beautiful and a test of skill. I have just started my first tenuous steps and they are just so pretty. So if they make the world think of finicky maiden aunts we shall just have to re-invent them so they get a new cool image.

    I am just beginning to know how much time and work goes into even a tiny doily so well done for these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And I agree with you whole heartedly! And really, the vintage lacey look is definitely making a come back....

      Kate :}

      Delete
  5. They are amazing, Kate! They remind me on snowflakes! I guess, if you've got to have an addiction, making doilies is as good a one as any!!! :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy yarn! Those are amazing!!! How long did it take you to make those? I've tried making doilies with super thin crochet needles but it just didn't go fast enough for me! ;)
    But really, they are awesome and so delicate-looking; well done :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  7. What??? You are so good in"doiling" my dear!!! Really good!!!
    xxxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are really beautiful.
    I never tried "doiling" but I think I should

    have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoy making them!
      Hope you had a nice weekend as well!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  9. hi kate, it appears you are on a mission! these are just beautiful and must take a lot of time to make. you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I am in love with all three great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are ahhhhmazing. I like the Shaded Pink and Lavender Doily and the last one the best. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are absolutely amazing! I too have this doily fetish but I am still learning and it takes me a while to make just one! Yours are so lovely and inspiring! Just started following you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts