Softies for Mirabel

Untitled

When I saw this post at homemade@myplace, it reminded me that I wanted to make something for Softies for Mirabel this year!  So here's the little mouse that I'm going to send off to Australia!

Untitled

I found the pattern in the December 1988 issue of Crochet World (which at the time was $2.25!! Crazy huh?).

Untitled

I did just a few little things different, like using safety eyes instead of the fully crocheted eyes, using a smaller hook for tighter stitches and making the nose black instead of red.

Untitled

I took the above photo of the mouse (Elvis, according to the pattern), with the magazine for some idea of scale.  I think he turned out pretty cute!  My only regret was that I didn't have time to also make his buddy Ewing Mouse!

Comments

  1. Your mouse will make a kid so happy to receive it!!!!! Thank you for the link to my blog and I'm happy to share this good cause with you Kate!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made him a scarf to keep him warm before joining the Australian summer! He looks a little worried about the long journey though. I wonder what the koalas will think of him?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! And how cute he is! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mouse is absolutely adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts