Exquisite Doily

Untitled

Back for another doily fix?  Great!  This is the second doily I've made from the Leisure Arts book Extra-Special Doilies.  (You can see the first one I made here.)

Untitled
(See the pineapples?!)

This doily is called "Exquisite."  Each doily in the book starts with an E.  Fun huh?  What can I say?  I'm a sucker for alliteration.  I used just over one skein of Aunt Lydia's size 10 thread in the color Aqua (which is a really pretty color), and a 1.65mm hook.  It turned out to be about 17 inches in diameter.

Untitled

This doily has some great texture which is achieved by lots of front post stitches.  While making it, it gets pretty ruffly, which makes you think it won't lay flat, but blocking straightens it right out!  I'm finding the Extra-Special Doilies book to be great for a more complex looking doily, and for a little bit more of an interesting/challenging crochet!  The patterns keep you on your toes!

I made this one for the bridal shower gift as well.  Can you tell I went with a bit of a pineapple theme?

Comments

  1. I love these vintage doilies. Another pretty colour, Kate. The edging is particularly pretty and yes, I can see the pineapples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite it is - it's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous :-) Very well named. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts